Dear friends and colleagues of the East European sub-regional Association of the Schools of Social Work
Please, receive this new information of the neast IASSW and SWSD conference;
Please, pay a particular notice for the Women Stream of the Conference ! And please apply with the abstracts !In the next days there will be more new infrmation on line on our web site, please be reminded to look at it EEsrASSW.net
Call for Papers: Opening Soon
Opening: June, 2017
The Fifth Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social Development (SWSD) 2018 will explore the theme ‘Environmental and Community Sustainability: Human Solutions in Evolving Societies’.
We will be seeking abstracts relevant to the following themes:
1. Linking Environmental and Sustainable Development
2. Role of Social Workers in fulfilling the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
3. Income, wellbeing, employment and poverty
4. Relationship-based practice: Promoting the Importance of Human Relationships
5. Evidence informed interventions
6. Strengthening education to meet the needs of communities
7. Identity, discrimination and social exclusion
8. Community development and social enterprise
9. Health, mental health and disability
10. Conflict, violence, migration and human trafficking
11. Engagement with people who use services
12. Rights of Families and Children
13. Life Span Perspectives and Issues
14. Ensuring the sustainable and ethical use of technology in human services*
15. Women’s Issues Focused Stream **
We would welcome abstract submissions that offer diverse / interactive presentation styles, for example, the use of social media, alternative visual aids, joint input with service users, etc. Abstracts can be submitted under different categories:
• Poster Presentation
• Short Presentation (‘Pecha-Kucha’ 6 slides per 6 minutes / 6 minute multimedia presentation/with themed interactive round table discussion)
• Full Oral Paper (15 minutes presentation/workshop)
• Symposium (4-6 papers under one theme)
* The technology-related theme will be organized by husITa and form part of the #husITa18 stream of human service technology presentations within the conference. If you wish your presentation to be made as part of #husITa18 please select theme No.14 when submitting your abstract.
To find out more about #husITa18 and other human service technology related activities – please click here.
** The Women’s Issues Focused Stream will be organized by the Women’s Committee of the International Association of Schools of Social Work. If you wish your presentation to be made as part of this Stream select theme No.15 when submitting your abstract. Papers relating to gender, feminism and women’s issues are not restricted to this stream and can be submitted under any of the other themes as appropriate also.
To find out more about the Women’s Issues Focused Stream please click here.
About the Venue
The Royal Dublin Society (RDS) is one of Ireland’s most historic venues. Just ten-minutes from the city centre, it is the ideal location to experience Dublin from.
There is lots happening over the next year for SWSD. Keep up-to-date and download this handy important dates infographic Download Here.
If you’d like to partner with SWSD 2018, please contact the team to discuss how best to reach our delegates and achieve your goals More Here >>>
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list