Social Work Review
Special Issue: Research in Social Work
Call for Papers Manuscript submission: May 1st, 2016
Social Work Review [Revista de Asistență Socială, ISSN 1583‐0608] is a scholarly peer‐reviewed international journal published by the University of Bucharest in partnership with Polirom Publishing House. It aims to serve as means of dissemination of social work theory, research, policies and practices. Social Work Review publishes original and innovative articles on social welfare and human services, social development and social justice, as well as on social worker’s involvement in the traditional neighbouring fields of education, criminal justice and healthcare.
Issue no. 3/2016 is dedicated to research in social work. The issue aims at combining theoretical perspectives of social work research with practice and policy level studies. Articles in the field of social work and social sciences are welcomed, such as case studies of researches or theoretical methodological debates responding to one or more of the following questions:
• In an era of continuous austerity how can social research be carried out?
• What are the challenges in undertaking research in the social work field and what are the benefits of its results?
• Are social work researches able to respond to the needs of practitioners or decision‐makers and what are the challenges of this attempt?
• What new research methodologies are employed to enlighten new areas of practice, or to bring into the public debate neglected or invisible social realities?
• How are researchers, practitioners, and decision‐makers collaborating in the research process and what are the benefits of the partnership?
All articles published in the Social Work Review are indexed by ProQuest, EBSCO, Social Work Abstracts, CEEOL, Index Copernicus, SCIPIO, GESIS and IBSS. Authors receive an electronic version of their article.
We accept articles that are between 4,000 and 6,000 words (without references), as well as book‐ reviews of up to 1,000 words. References will comply with APA style. An article template can be downloaded from the journal’s webpage http://swreview.eu/, section Instructions for Authors.
Submissions for this special issue can be made directly to the Editors – Dr. Anamaria Szabo, Lecturer at De Montfort University, UK (email@example.com) or Dr. Florin Lazăr, Professor at the University of Bucharest, Romania (firstname.lastname@example.org). Deadline for manuscript submissions is May 1st, 2016. Estimated publishing date of the special issue is September 1st 2016.
Looking forward for your articles!